Questions & Answers
QuestionI bought Smart Choice - 6' Deluxe Dishwasher Install Kit - Multi to install Bosch - 300 Series 24" Dishwasher. Installation was included in the order. However people who delivered the order refused to install it telling "call your plumber to install."
- Answer We had the same thing happen. For us, the intaller did not like our previous shut off valve and wanted to have a plumber replace it with a new one. We had a plumber come out and take care of it. Then the dishwasher was installed on the second try.
- Answer It is not required if you are replacing an existing dishwasher and install it yourself using the existing water and drain lines. The problem you have is depending on how long the existing lines were installed and if they are in good shape. When using Geek Squad to install any product their policy is to use new lines so they can warranty the work they do. This is the common answer when there is a requirement for installation of any product by any company to warranty work.
QuestionWill I need this kit if I am replacing an exisisting dishwasher with this ? I have electrical ran already and my water lines and other lines are in great shape.
- Answer Probably a good idea. I had the everything ran already too but some of the ends are different. So it may be a good idea to get. If you don't end up needing it then you can return it.
QuestionI bought a GE dishwasher from BB. To be installed by you guys. Waiting on install. Called BB, guy told me install kit is provided with dishwasher. I don’t trust that especially after reading comments on here. I bought a universal one, can this be used?
- Answer Read the warranty. BB will likely blame the third party installation products on a future failure. When there is a glitch, doing business at Best Buy is very painful, frustrating, and time consuming. If you are persistent, Best Buy will eventually take care of it but it will cost you time, hassle, bureaucracy, and frustration.
- Answer Yes I had to purchase the kit as the installation is just the labor to install the dishwasher and they will not do the installation without new electrical wiring and drain hoses
- Answer The drain line is not included. It should come with the dishwasher. There is no shut-off valve in the kit.
- Answer It worked perfectly for my Bosch dishwasher.
- Answer Depends on the condition of the parts. It also depends on if you’re set up for a hardwired or plug-in setup. If Best Buy installs it, they’ll require you to buy it. If your own plumber or handyperson does it, you may not need it. Get it and you can also just return it if you don’t need it.
- Answer I did not have a dishwasher previously so there was no wiring or plumbing in place.My installer hardwired everything so the kit wasn't needed. I bought the kit " just in case" I will be returning.
- Answer Half inch
- Answer No. 14-gauge/15 Amp cable (NM, "Romex", etc.) from the house enters the surface mount junction box shown and makes screw connections inside. The screw connections cannot be undone. See the Bosch website for installation instructions.
- Answer No you do not if you are getting a portable dishwasher