Questions & Answers
QuestionWhy do I need this card. Can the games be played without a membership. What is the purpose of this membership
- Answer You can play the games offline if you don’t have this, but if you would like to play them online with other people around the world, you’ll need to get this membership.
Questioni am buy 2 switch systems each with their own accounts. i will have to buy in stages for christmas presents when i buy an online accout in a week will the online account have to be activated immediately or will it start in dec when the kids open it
- Answer I would say that if you register your Switches during the night of Christmas and then wrap them up for the morning, then the account will be active until next Christmas. The other alternative is to buy the cards and then apply the code after the presents are opened and just doing the normal setup process.
QuestionWe are going on a road trip. Will this allow my child to use his switch for online gaming while in the car? Since we obviously won’t be home near a router.
- Answer If your cell phone has a connection to the internet, you can use it to create a hot spot or network that your child can connect to. It should work but only as well as the connection your phone has to the internet.
QuestionI purchased this for a Christmas gift. However, the code is not working. And of course they are closed today. Any suggestions?
- Answer You will have to contact Nintendo support when they are open or keep trying different combinations unfortunately.
QuestionIf the code on the card got partially wiped out and not legible any longer in the process of scratching it off, how can it still be redeemed if at all? Thanks in advance!
- Answer We call Nintendo and they were able to help us!
QuestionI am buying this for my grandson for Christmas. Do I get an actual gift card to give him or does this have to be given digitally?
- Answer You get a physical card w a code that he enters to redeem the 12 months
- Answer The games & online membership are different items and must be bought as seperate items. For the membership, get the 1 year membership card and turn off the renewal in the console so that you can buy the 1 year when you need to.
QuestionDo you k ow if they are on sale for a limited time or is it permanently $20. If it is limited when would they expire if I bought 5 cards and used 1 waited a year and again would it still work
- Answer Each code is good only 1 time. Once the code has been used then get rid of that item.
QuestionAfter the 12 months, will the membership just end? You won’t get locked in for two more years and then having to pay monthly, for example, right? Or can we cancel right after the 12 months are up ?
- Answer The system will only renew the membership if you put in a card & have the membership renewal turned on. You can buy the membership cards from the store when you need to renew. Also, you can turn off the membership renewal in the online settings so that you won't get hit for the same thing twice.
Questionis this like xbox that if you get the membership you get to play online AND get free games to play with it?? and i wanna get it soon so will i be able to get it now and wait until christmas to open it up???
- Answer Barely any free games, but it’s the online service
QuestionI (located in the U.S.) am looking to buy this for a friend (located in Mexico) however I'm uncertain if he'll be able to use the card. On the switch it says that the "availability of some codes may vary by country" Will he still be able to use it?
- Answer Yes, it might be region locked. You will have to verify that in store. Find a geek to be sure.
- Answer This card buys you a membership to Nintendo Online so you can play online with other people. For example, some games like Super Smash Bros Ultimate have online multiplayer capabilities where you can choose to fight another player online. In order to connect and play, you would need this membership. It also gives you two additional downloads from the Nintendo Store as freebies: NES and SNES. I hope this answered your question.
- Answer The membership gives you a slew of options. Access to their online NES and NES classic games, online gaming, cloud saving and special offers if you decide to subscribe. If you want to play Smash Bros or Animal Crossing online, chances are you'll want to get the membership.
- Answer Yes you can
QuestionI have 2 gransons am I able to buy 1 membership and both the boys share it this is for nintendo switch console and light
- Answer If your looking for multiple people to play with one card, you need to look for the “family plan membership”. Otherwise you have to buy individual memberships. Attached a photo of the family members. I believe it allows 6 people to sign up for just 1 card
QuestionIf me and my girlfriend both have accounts on our switch, do we need 2 cards one for each of us? Or can one card be applied to all accounts on that switch?
- Answer You can buy a card and choose multiple player.Single player cost 19.99 multiple player I think 39.99 bux for membership