Questions & Answers
- Answer NO it is not. Contrary to LG's official response, "Yes, detergent bottles are about 9" to 10" tall. The LG Pedestal Height is 13 3/5”." A standard bottle is about 11.5 inches tall with the lid on, and while the pedestal unit itself is 13 3/5 high top to bottom, the internal storage space is only 10.5 inches. You lose space due to the bottom of the drawer, plus there is a cross frame that drops down on the front of the unit that costs you another inch or so. This device has one job, to store laundry supplies and it cannot do it properly. Storing liquids on their side is not an ideal solution. Clearly the engineers are not in tune with the US market place. It does look nice, but overall - FAIL
- Answer I just purchased a new LG washer & dryer (WM3900HWA / DLEX3900W) to replace my older LG machines from 2007. My pedestal model from 2007 is a WDP3W, and I intended to reuse my older pedestals on my new machines. The installer for the new LG appliances said the older pedestals would not fit, and he showed me by placing the dryer onto the pedestal. He was correct - the dryer feet WILL NOT fit into the leg support holes on the top of the pedestal. LG has evidently changed the spacing of the feet on their washers and dryers since 2007. The current model pedestal for 27" washers & dryers in 2021 is the WDP4W. Maybe the WDP3W/WDP4W were compatible at some time in the past, but they are not anymore. ** UPDATE: While MacGyvering a DIY solution for the older pedestals not fitting, I found out it was only the dryer that did not fit. The washer fit ok. I made some replacement pedestal coasters for the dryer-side pedestal and it worked great.
- Answer You do not need a pedastal. Your washer can sit right on the floor, however, if you had a pedestal, you can store items in it and it makes washing and drying a lot easlier by not having to bend over. They are pricey though.
- Answer The only difference between these two models is the handle. It is purely an aesthetic change from having a full visible handle to have a more flush look with a pocket handle. All of the other specs are identical.
- Answer The LG washer sits on top of the pedestal and there are screws to secure it to the pedestal.
QuestionI'll looking to purchase a WM3670HRA to replace my old LG washer which sits on a WPD3W. Can I reuse the WPD3W? I understand the current version is WPD4, but will the WPD3 work and if not why? Thx, David
- Answer I was told by two different sources that the old LG pedestals will not work with the new WM3670 washers. The design change for the new models. While the pedestal is the same size as the old, the washer and dryer attachments have changed. Also the handle is different and the color is a shade brighter white. I just purchased this dryer and pedestal to replace my 11 year old front loading LG.
QuestionI want to purchase an LG washer WM3400CW and dryer DLE3400W. I have the WDP3W pedestals. Will those pedestals work with the new washer and dryer as far a mounting goes. I am getting conflicting answers. Thanks
- Answer Hi Star. The 27" LG Laundry Pedestal, Model # WDp3W was replaced with the 27" LG Laundry Pedestal, Model # WDP4W which has the same width and depth dimensions as the WDP3W and is compatible with the ENERGY STAR® Certified LG 4.5 cu. ft. Ultra Large Front Load Washer, Model # WM3400CW and the ENERGY STAR® Certified LG 7.4 cu. ft. Ultra Large Capacity Electric Dryer, Model # DLE3400CW so the WDP3W will work with them...^IFV
QuestionIs the WDP3W pedestal compatible with the new LG washer model Model # WM3900HWA ? my old washer broke but i would like to not have to buy another pedestal. thanks
- Answer Yes, the WM3900HWA is compatible with the WDP3W pedestal. ^CP
QuestionRegarding the LG WM3700HWA washing machine and pedestal... Is my existing LG WDP3 pedestal compatible with this new G WM3700HWA washer (which lists its pedestal as the WDP4), if I purchase it?
- Answer Yes, the WM3700HWA is compatible with your existing WDP3 pedestal. ^CP
- Answer Is the WDP3W pedestal compatible with the WM3700HA?
- Answer LG recommends not putting a stacked washer and dryer on top of a pedestal. In theory it would work, but I wonder if the pedestal isn't rated to handle that much weight. Here's what the LG website says in their Q&A section: "Please EITHER stack an LG Dryer on top of an LG Washer OR put your LG Washer and your LG Dryer on two separate LG Pedestals. It is NOT recommended to stack an LG Dryer on top of an LG Washer which sits on top of an LG Pedestal."
- Answer Our LG Pedestals are compatible with LG Front-Loading Full-Sized (27" width) Washers & Dryers with front-controls. We appreciate your feedback, please give us a “thumbs up” if this answer is helpful to you; and please let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Have a lovely week!
QuestionIs it possible to use a laundry machine tray with the pedestals?If I can even slightly modify the trays at $20 a piece, I would like to use those with the pedestals and still have the drawer function. My W/D are located on the second floor so this is quite a concern.
- Answer We recommend that the measurements of your laundry machine tray will be able to fit under the pedestal. The dimensions for the pedestal are (WxHxD) 27" x 13.6" x 25.4" However, typically when pedestals are installed on top of trays, the drawer may not open because it could catch on the tray lip.
- Answer The pedestal for this unit is WDP4W. WDP4* replaced the WDP3* pedestal but they are both designed for compatibility with 27" LG Front Load Washers and Dryers. The only difference between them will be the mounting bracket installation. The WDP4* uses the t-clip installation method. ^Daphane
QuestionWe are purchasing LG WM3400W and DLE 3400W. We have pedestals we want to continue to use with the new machines. Will the WDP3W pedestal work with the new machines?
- Answer You had better plan on spending another $500 to purchase new pedestals for your new machines. I recently bought a new LG washer to replace an eleven year old model that had died and wasn't serviceable because the necessary parts had been discontinued. I just assumed the new washing machine would sit on the old base. After all, they were the same size, 27" square, but that was not the case. LG has made some changes in the design of how the newer washers and dryers attach to the new pedestals. I had to order a new base and wait another two weeks to have it delivered and have my new washer mounted on it. Sorry about your luck, but if your old machines are anywhere close to the same age as mine (11 years) you're going to have to replace the pedestals too.
- Answer The LG - 27" Laundry Pedestal with Storage Drawer, Model # WDP4* replaced the WDP3* pedestal but they are both designed for compatibility with 27" LG Front Load Washers and Dryers. The only difference between them will be the mounting bracket installation. The WDP4* uses the t-clip installation method...^IFV
QuestionCan I use the LG - 27" Laundry Pedestal (Model WDP4W) with my new LG WM3400CW washing machine?? And also, since I am having my new LP washing machine delivered & installed, can I have the laundry pedestal delivered & installed at the same time?
- Answer Check the measurements to ensure they line up. And yes they will deliver/install at the same time.
- Answer The LG Laundry Pedestal, Model # WDP4W has a depth of 28 2/5" and your LG Electric Dryer, Model # DLE8377WM has a depth of 38.7" so it will not fit onto the Laundry Pedestal...^IFV