QuestionHow tall are there numbers in the largest digital setting? I'm nearsighted and need to be able to read this with my glasses off.
- Answer My wife is near sighted and cannot see the clock numbers at night with her glasses off.
QuestionWhat happens if the switch is set to disable the mic? The smart clock I have now has an annoying red light across the top that lights up the room when the mic is switched off.
- Answer You get a small picture in the top left hand corner of the screen and that's it. No lights on the Lenovo clock at all and the screen can dim down pretty far.
QuestionI there a way to simply use the device as a touchscreen alarm clock? In other words, can I turn off Google Assist so that its not listening/spying on me at night?
- Answer Yes, Just click the mic disable button on the back of the clock.
- Answer As of today, 8-22-2019 the continued conversation started working on my Lenovo clock. The Insignia speakers had it come and go only to come back so hope it stays on.
QuestionWhy can't I pair this with a Bluetooth speaker like my other Google Assistant speakers and Home Hub for better sound quality?
- Answer Thank you for your question. Currently you can only pair devices to the Smart Clock to produce sound from the clocks speakers. I have passed on the request to pair the clock via Bluetooth to other speakers to the broader team.
Questionhow difficult is it to get it to work like a regular clock radio and have the alarm go on with a radio station? is this possible?
- Answer Hello there! Setting up an Alarm with your favorite radio station on the Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant is a breeze. The interaction will go something like this. "Hey Google, set a music alarm" "Okay, when's the alarm for?" "6 pm weekdays" "Alright, on weekdays. And what would you like me to play?" "CHYM" "Got it, I'll play CHYM FM radio on weekdays at 6 pm.
- Answer Mine did! I turned off my wifi router to allow it to reset for five minutes (I do this monthly) and to my surprise the clock function still worked!
Questioncan you use a smart light with this clock? and if, so which one. Do you need a separate email for that light company for the voice control to work in google home..
- Answer Phillips hue, singled, lifx, and many other of the smart lights work with google assistant. The clock itself can be summarized as a google home mini with a screen, so all google home/ google assistant functionality are present within this clock. Depending on the company, they will ask you to make a new account for them, and then you can connect it to the google home.
- Answer Hi there, The Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant is compatible with Smart Cameras that carry the "works with Google Assistant" badge here is some information on connecting your Arlo camera through the Google Assistant App https://kb.arlo.com/000055108/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-cameras-to-the-Google-Assistant-app
- Answer Hi! To toggle your microphone ON/OFF on your Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant slide the switch on the back of the unit to the left or right. This switch is denoted with a symbol of a MIC. You will hear audio confirmation from your assistant if the MIC has been set to ON or OFF.
QuestionCan I get the alarm to play music as it would in a clock radio? What is the source of the music?
- Answer Thank you for your question. You can select which program you prefer your music play from. So if you prefer a Spotify playlist, your Smart Clock will favor that application. You can also have music wake you up instead of an alarm. To find out how, visit https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7071598?hl=en under the Alarm category. You can additionally create a "Morning Routine" within the Google Home app and have a specific playlist selected to play. That will allow you to wake up with music to kickstart your day.
- Answer Hello, The AC adapter of the Lenovo Smart Clock has an input capacity of 100V-240V 1.3A 50-60Hz, is Dual Voltage, and ships with a USA compatible wall side plug. To use the Smart Clock outside the USA, you will need a wall side plug adapter, compatible with the country the Smart Clock will be used in.
- Answer It resets when it reconnects to WIFI after an outage.