Questions & Answers
QuestionWhy do the jvc ha-fx39bt earbuds beep at 50% battery? I've had them for nine months w/o incident and suddenly it starts beeping. It will not beep when charged more than 50%, however, it's persistent and becomes more frequent if you try to wait it out.
- Answer The beeps lets you know the battery is running low, normally at 10% of headset battery. If this continues with a 50 percent battery, that doesn't sound normal. You might have to send this in for inspection if under warranty
QuestionI've had my headphones for less than a month. I take care of them, i charge them every night. My problem is that they are so very quiet or one ear is louder than the other whenever I have media playing. How do i fix this?
- Answer Kyle thank you for asking. They are not supposed to sound like that. Please check the tips and make sure they are clear of debris. then please switch sides and see if the low volume is an issue in the headphone or could it possible be a difference in ear sensitivity. If the problem persists please make sure they have a full charge then re-pair them to your source. If you have the ability please try pairing them to a different source to make sure its not a source or Media issue. Last but not least of the issue persists please return them to where you purchused them for an exchange. I have never heard of this issue with our headphones before, but there is a first time for everything.
QuestionWhere can I download user manual for this device? I have trouble pairing it with my Win 10 laptop, even though the laptop shows it as paired.
- Answer Try right clicking on the sound icon, go to sound and recording devices and see if it's on the list...if there right click on it and select set as default device...hope that helps
Questiondoes this function with android (other than Marshmallow?) and can it switch to incoming calls from another device?
- Answer These headphones can be used with any standard Bluetooth compliant device. They can be paired with one device at a time.
QuestionMy "HA-FX39BT is not charging, The red light turns on when we connect it to the energy, but he didn't turns on after more than one day trying to charge it.
- Answer take it back, the battery is bad.
- Answer I am a former radio broadcaster and musical vocalist. I have a fairly loud, booming, deep voice. People tell me constantly they cannot hear me. These are real junk for that and several other reasons.
- Answer Yes, this can connect with iPod touch 6th generation.
QuestionWhen I try to connect them to my device it blinks blie once and then only blonks red, they dont even show up on my phone as a pairable device
- Answer Press and HOLD power button until you see lights flash RED BLUE RED BLUE. Once its in pairing mode, check your phone to pair via Bluetooth
- Answer The HA-FX39BT has a 14 hour battery life. They are not sweat proof and waterproof. If you need sweat proof and waterproof, you might want to look at the JVC HA-F250BT (7 hour battery), HA-EC30BT (8 hour battery) or HA-ET50BT (9 hour battery). Thanks for asking.
- Answer These headphones work as a pair not individually.
- Answer The headphones are intended to be used with a Bluetooth phone or tablet devices. When pairing the headphones to anyone of these devices the phone for instance would see the JVC as a device and agree with the pairing. I would advice to check with the TV company on what options for Bluetooth your TV has.
QuestionIt's not coming up on the list on my android phone. I'm choosing scan on bluetooth mode and "JVC HA-FX39BT" is not listed. It's fully charged. Maybe not be compatible?
- Answer it's compatible just make sure that it is on. It is hard to tell sometimes so make sure that you have it in your ear to be able to hear when it comes on and then do the scan.
QuestionCan I use these headphones with my TV. I like to watch late night TV and don't want to disturb others by a loud volume but the set is across the room and I can't hear it clearly if it's volume is too low.
- Answer As long as you’re tv is Bluetooth capable you can
- Answer Sorry for the inconvenience, please reach out to your local store or contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting help.