Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $449.99
- Answer Two way means the remote will also receive a signal from the car, so you can confirm the car is running by looking at the remote. Be sure to wait for for a sale. This kit is/was on sale for two-hundred-fifty, including installation. It is a solid deal at two-fifty considering it pays for both the kit and installation labor by Best Buy. The regular four-fifty price is outrageous.
QuestionThe price of 239.99 includes everything needed on the installation of the remote starter? or is there any additional cost?
- Answer Installation was included. Some model of cars might need a wiring kit but that was only around $12.00.
QuestionOne reviewer says that Toyota and Lexus vehicles will turn off when the door is opened. Can this be confirmed before purchase or is this only confirmed after installation? I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser that shows to be a compatible vehicle. Thank you!
- Answer Toyota Corolla 2017 does not turn off when open the door
QuestionI have 2019 Highlander and I just had this unit installed, & i am questioning the Tech was experience. When i got this back he told me i am not able to use my factory keyfob, but i see lots of people are. IS this TRUE? Also he didn't install my hood pin.
- Answer The answer for this question is not true because I bought about 12 of this remote starts for my family and close relatives and no one complained about any issue that they can’t use their factory keys. Everyone happy about this product. Just to let this person that ask this question knows that I would say it depends on how good the technician’s knowledge that do the installation for your car remote start.
QuestionAre you able to still use your regular key to start your car just in case you lose your remote starter fob?
- Answer Yes you can and if you lose your car starter fob you can just buy an additional replacement and have it reprogrammed.
QuestionDid anyone else not get a shred of documentation other than the blank installation agreement signed before leaving? I would like to know the serial number of my module at least.
- Answer I just had mine installed on October 14th, 2020 and I left with the yellow carbon copy installation agreement and the box with manuals the system came in. It’s a quick start guide like that informs me on how to operate the system with the serial number on it.
- Answer I've had 6 remote starts put in all my vehicles through best buy. On all of them the installation was included in the price you pay for the remote start. Only extra cost would be if they needed an additional part for something.
QuestionIs installation included? There is a blue image above the product that says "Installation Included" but the product title says "Installation Required"
- Answer Price includes installation. I just bought one today.
QuestionI bought one a couple of months ago but I have already forgot how to use the remote. I have tossed the manual too. Please remind me.
- Answer Hold the bottom button until it makes a noise and turns green. The device will flash red when working as well
- Answer This module by itself doesn't work with the mobile app right out of the box. The LTE module is the one that works with mobile app 'Drone' but there is a subscription fee which I believe starts from $5 per month but given the good range of this remote I think paying that extra every month is not worth it. Note: The specs of the module show its smartphone capable and if with the addition of a module you will be able to make it mobile compatible. If smartphone compatibility is the main concern Buy Compustar - 2-Way CSX Remote Start System/LTE Module - Black Compustar - 2-Way CSX Remote Start System/LTE Module - it is often on sale.
QuestionIf i have this installed will the remote replace the key FOB that i currently use or would i have to carry two FOBs in my pocket? 2017 Mazda 6 with push start.
- Answer I was informed your Mazda OEM remote can be programmed, by hitting the lock Botton 3 times, in addition to programming the included remotes in the kit. Peace and blessings, Azeke
- Answer Most doed not. This one also doesn't. But you leave your heater/ac on before you shut off your vehicle, when you do start your vehicle the heater /ac will also turn on.
QuestionI have a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country, can I get an approximate time of how long it takes to do the install please.
- Answer I have this remote starter in both my 2016 Camry and 2019 Highlander. Both took under an hour to install each. Hope this helps but installation time can vary so prepare to be around for at least an hour. The Best Buy where I had my remote car starter installed at had a lot of shopping stores around so my family and I walked around until it was installed. Good luck and plan to do something else while you wait for the installation to be completed.
- Answer AS FAR AS I KNOW THE REMOTE START IS UNIVERSAL THE ONLY THING THAT IS DIFFERENT IS THE WIRE HARNESSES
- Answer Yes, it is compatible with a 2008 Ford F-350 diesel pickup.
- Answer Best Buy lifetime warranty on installation. I think remote company 1 yr. not sure