Questions & Answers
- QUIETCOMFORT 20 HEADPHONES
Your price for this item is $249.99
QuestionRE: noise cancellation quality when not listening to musicMy main purpose for buying noise canceling headphones is not to listen to music without distractions, but to have peace and quiet while not listening to music. Peace. Quiet. No music, either. So, how well does the noise cancellation perform when not listening to any music? When not listening to music, will conversations be blocked out? Or, do they perform better with reducing noises like air conditioner units, subway sounds, but do not do well with blocking out human speech?
- Answer I found that voices will be muffled, but will still be able to hear them. The other incidental noises will be cut out. For example, on an airplane, when I turn them on without listing to any music all the sounds of the airplane itself go away, but unfortunately you can hear a baby crying or a loud passenger talking. It does reduce those sounds, but you can still hear the people and baby. When it gets like that, I put some relaxation music on really low, just enough to block out the voices and it seems to work.
QuestionPlugging jack into devices -- or not -- for just using noise cancellationIf I just want to tune out my obnoxious upstairs neighbors and not listen to any music, can I simply turn on the noise canceling earbuds without plugging them into my iPhone (or any other device)? Will the active noise cancellation still work if not plugged into a music player or other device? My primary purpose will be noise cancellation (not music listening) and I want something I can comfortably wear around the house -- without always needing to be tethered to my iPhone -- while I count the months until my lease expires. Thanks. ... and never rent a downstairs apartment.
- Answer Yes you can use the noise canceling by itself without having it plugged into a device. I will warn you however that when there is no sound coming out of the headphones and the noise canceling is engaged, there is a very quiet but noticeable hiss/high pitched whine that can be heard without some form of sound covering it up. Depending on your age you may not be able to hear the quiet whine, but you will probably notice the hiss.
QuestionHow does the QC 20 compares with the Qc 15? Can it be used in flight instead of the 15 with equal result?How does the QC 20 compares with the Qc 15? Can it be used in flight instead of the 15 with equal result?
- Answer I have the QC 3 and I have found the QC 20 just as effective on a plane with the benefit of better portability and better comfort.
QuestionCan these be used with iPod, Android or Windows?Im a rare bird here, I have a iPod for my music I have a Nexus 7 tablet which runs Android and a Nokia Lumia 1020 phone which runs WP8 OS. My question is can I listen to all of these devices with just one pair of these headphones or do I have to buy the iPod/Phone/Pad for that and the Android/Windows ones to work with those?
- Answer Thanks for your question. If you plan to use a mix of Apple and Non-Apple devices, the standard QC20 headphones would be your best choice for a single headset to work with everything. The QC20i is designed with exclusive volume controls for Apple products and it may or may not work correctly on Android, windows or other mobile devices. The QC20 would have no problem working with your Apple devices also, however.
QuestionHow many charges/recharges?I noticed one reviewer indicates that the headphones are only guaranteed to recharge 500 times. Is that accurate? What happens after 500 charges?
- Answer Hi Readycat. That is a great question. The QuietComfort 20i battery is rated at 500 charge cycles at 80% capacity and will last for many years. Over time, the amount of charge the battery can provide will go down. One charge cycle is equal to every 100% of the battery power being used. Whether you run it from 100% to 0% and then charge it, or let it run from 100% to 50% twice charging it in between, that is still only one charge cycle. What that means is that after 500 full charge cycles, the battery will still be operating, but may only have the ability to provide 80% of what it did originally. We hope that helps!
- Answer Yes, but the mic and the remote won't work. The iOS version will have the same issue with Android/Microsoft gadgets.
QuestionQC 20 - Android or Samsung versionI see that there's a QC 20 version for "Samsung Galaxy Devices" which is $299 and a QC 20 version for "Android, Windows, and Blackberry", which is $249.99. People commented under the reviews for the Android, Windows, and Blackberry version that it has full functionality with the Galaxy Note. if this is true, what is the difference and what would be the reason to pay the extra $50?
- Answer The QC20 version for "Samsung Galaxy Devices" is the series II version of our noise cancelling in-ear headphones whereas the QC 20 version for "Android, Windows, and Blackberry" would be the series I of this model. This would go some way to explaining the difference in price as one product is the "previous" version of the headphones. Another significant difference between the series I and series II headphones is the addition of an inline mic and remote in the latest version allowing the user to control various functions of compatible Samsung Galaxy devices. The previous version has an answer/end button and mic only. With regards to the reported incidents of some handsets having full functionality with the older version, we simply could not guarantee this level of functionality with all Android, Windows and Blackberry handsets due to the difference between different models. However it is possible that some of the functionality of the inline mic and remote would work on a handset that is not officially supported. We hope this helps - Bose Support.
QuestionUse while charging?Would it do any harm to the battery or electronics to use them while charging?
- Answer Great question! The QC20/QC20i headset can be used safely while the battery is charging. You may get some noticeable background noise if you attempt to play audio from the same computer you are currently charging from, but this not harmful to the headphones. Because this noise is undesirable, we do not suggest charging from the same device you are currently using to listen. Hope this helps!
QuestionCan these headphones be used with my Samsung Ultra High Definition Smart TV (or is there an adapter which will allow their use)?
- Answer These have a standard mini audio plug (1/4" or 3.5mm). The cable on the earphones is not that long, so you will need an extension to watch TV at a comfortable distance. Most TVs do no have mini audio jacks, so you may need an RCA splitter the connects to the TV's right and left channel RCA audio out jacks on one end, and a female mini audio jack on the other end.
- Answer The control unit has pause button and noise cancellation on/off, but no volume control...
QuestionCan these be worn with motorcycle helmet?I was wondering/hoping that these can be worn while wearing a motorcycle helmet. I have varying degrees of "success" wearing in-the-ear style headphones (earphones?), including the non-noise-cancelling version of Bose earbud headphones. I like the idea of noise cancelling feature as that may help with reducing overall noise while riding motorcycle. Thanks.
- Answer Many states have local laws regarding the appropriate usage of a headset while driving. Generally, most headsets can be used while driving so long as the device only occupies one of the driver’s ears. We’d strongly encourage you to research these laws prior to using our QC20i headphones while operating any motor vehicle. We hope this helps. Thanks!
- Answer If you have the protection plan take it back to Best Buy. If not, you could call the factory.
- Answer Hey Tavi, providing your phone has a 3.5mm AUX input or an adaptor that would work with one, you can connect!
QuestionThe mode button on my headphones does not work. My husband brought it back and got a new one and this one does not work either. I turned +it on but it will not go up or down in volume nor will it pause.....help! I have it plugged in to my i phone
- Answer If you have the Android version of the headphones, that may explain the issue that you are experiencing. If you have the Apple version, or if you are unsure, we encourage you to give us a ring and we'll investigate this further with you. You can reach us at 1-800-379-2073. We are open from Mon. – Fri., 9 AM – 9 PM EST.
QuestionHow many buttons does this model have? Somebody was mentioning two, but on the photo there appear four buttons. thank you
- Answer There is a three button remote on this headset.
- Answer Hello there. Great question. The QC20 headphones are best against constant noises such as an airplane engine while traveling, though they will quiet down all noises. We do not recommend using them while sleeping as the headphones could be damaged by rolling onto them. Thanks!
- Answer Yes, with the iPhone charger.