Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $259.99
The previous price was $449.99
QuestionDoes the hwq 60t have e/arc?
- Answer The HW Q60T does have e/arc, and the set-up directions are easy enough to follow. The display on the right side of my brand new 2020 Samsung Q60T Soundbar does read TV ARC following setup, and it appropriately briefly reads D.IN, as it's supposed to when properly set up IAW the instructions. BUT, the Sound source on my (also brand new) 2020 Samsung Q80T TV does NOT read "Soundbar + TV" as it's supposed to, and the TV's integral speakers do NOT work along with the soundbar, as they're supposed to. This soundbar is designed to do something different than most soundbars before it. It's supposed to work ALONG WITH a compatible TV's integral speakers for a surround-sound, symphony-like experience. Samsung calls this feature Q Symphony, and it just came out this year. But, despite the fact that my compatible brand new Samsung TV is properly hooked up with my brand new Q60T Soundbar, this selling feature does NOT work. I've spent hours on the phone with Samsung Tech Support and Best Buy Total Tech Support. All technicians agree that my TV and Soundbar are set up perfectly ... AND that the Q Symphony feature is NOT working as advertised. (My TV's speakers will NOT work with the Soundbar, as advertised.) But there's nothing that can be done about it, short of returning the soundbar and/or the TV. According to the latest Samsung tech, I either purchased a lemon Soundbar ... or there's a bug in the Soundbar system that Samsung has yet to work out. Their techs have submitted a ticket to let Samsung know about this problem and I'm told they'll eventually be in touch with me to discuss it.
- Answer Hi Louis! The HW-Q70T is a 3.1.2 soundbar with the Acoustic Beam 2.0 adding true Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback for a more immersive surround sound experience. This model is also compatible with Wi-Fi for music casting, and works with Alexa. ^Tim
- Answer Hey Mike - The optional rear speaker kit SWA-8500S would produce surround sound as long as the HW-Q60T soundbar is receiving a 5.1 audio source. ^Jason
- Answer Ruben, you sure can use your Samsung TV remote to control your Samsung Soundbar! Our Smart TVs include our OneRemote, which automatically detects and controls all compatible connected devices. ^Gina
QuestionCan I increase the center channel volume on a sound bar so the voices are louder than the background sounds?
- Answer Hi there, Great question, the Adaptive Sound feature optimizes any source for the clearest dialogue. If you wanted to take it a step further; the clarity of a voice is found in the mid-frequencies – say from 2 kHz to 6 kHz. If you press and hold the (Sound Control) button for about 5 seconds you can adjust the sound for each frequency band. 150Hz, 300Hz, 600Hz, 1.2kHz, 2.5kHz, 5kHz, and 10kHz are selectable using the Left/Right buttons and each can be adjusted to a setting between -6 to +6 using the Up/Down buttons. This should help to amplify the dialogue and make it cut through better. Another way of approaching this is to cut around the 300 – 800 Hz range. ^Scott
- Answer Yes, they are compatible with any TV that has HDMI or even optical inputs.
QuestionIs this a good sound bar for the hard of hearing? If we turn the TV up so we can hear the talking, the background music is too loud. Thanks for any information. Becky
- Answer I've only had this a few days but I find that I can hear it a little better. It has different modes to use for different events. I do find clarity a little hard to come by. I'm also having trouble with the sound bar syncing with the tv. You see the actors talking but the sound is a little disconnected. I have to be honest and say I'm a little disappointed for the price I paid. I expected better. I'm still trying different settings to see if I can get better sound out of it.
QuestionHello, is there a minimum distance between the rear of the soundbar and the bottom of the Q60 65 inch TV, or can the bar be directly under?
- Answer I found it to work better under the tv. I don't believe distance makes a difference.
QuestionI turned on the setting that allows you to use your tv remote to control both the soundbar and tv. I can get both the soundbar and tv to turn on together when I press the power button, but when I go to turn everything off, just the tv will turn off.
- Answer Bryan, ensure the HW-Q60T HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI ARC port on your TV, as this should allow your soundbar to turn on and off with your TV. ^Gina
QuestionI have the Samsung (Model: UN65NU7100FXZA) TV that is connected to DirecTV via HDMI using the built-in TV speakers. How will I set up the soundbar and will I be able to use a single remote (DirecTV remote) for all?
- Answer Hi Daddio! You can connect the soundbar to the TV via HDMI ARC allowing you to continue to use one remote for all devices. ^Tim
- Answer Hi there! The max distance between the HW-Q60T Soundbar and subwoofer can be between 30-40 feet. ^Gina
QuestionI have Samsung - 65" Class Q70 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV and Apple TV hooked up with XFinityComcast main recorder device. How would I hookup this soundbar so that it handles sound from TV from Cable or AppleTV source?
- Answer Hi Mike, You could hook the soundbar up to the eARC port through HDMI and connect to the audio in HDMI port on the soundbar. Then hook up your other devices as usual and you're off to the races. Cheers! ^Scott
- Answer Hi there! The length of the included HDMI cable is approximately 5'. ^Gina
QuestionHave a Samsung 55" Class Q60 Series QLED 4K UHD TV I purchased last year. We had the HW-Q60 (H I think) and never were able to have BOTH the TV speakers and the Soundbar connected for sound - it was always 1 or the other. Will this model allow both?
- Answer Hi Roci! Q-Symphony is a new feature that allows Samsung's Q80T TV and above to play TV audio and Samsung Soundbar audio simultaneously; you will need to have a 2020 Q80T TV or above, and a 2020 Q-Series Soundbar for this feature to be activated. The HW-Q60T Soundbar is compatible with this feature. ^Gina
QuestionWhy would my sound bar randomly turn on during the night. Has an optical cable directly to the comcast box.
- Answer Try moving the optical cable to the TV Digital optical out vs. to the cable box.
QuestionI had the question on the PS4 not passing HDR through the HDMI port. the answer provided was unhelpful, it stated that I should check if the port on the sound bar is 4 K compatible. Isn't this something the Samsung Advisor should know?
- Answer Hi 4KHDMI! The issue is likely due to the TV not recognizing the PS4 since it is going through another source and not direct to the TV. By not recognizing the PS4, the TV will have no way to automatically turn on HDR with input signal plus. You can try connecting the PS4 direct to the TV to allow the TV to recognize the PS4 and automatically detect HDR content, or you can try turning on and off the Input Signal Plus feature when you are watching HDR content or playing HDR enabled games. For additional troubleshooting solutions in the event these steps do not resolve the issue, please reach out to Samsung TV Support at: ― Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG / Available 8 AM - 9 PM EST, Mon - Fri ― LiveChat or Email: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support We look forward to hearing from you. ^Tim
Questioncan I add extra wired speakers to the sound bar. I have audio pro tower speakers that are wired and want to connect to the sound bar will that work.
- Answer Hi norm! The soundbar is designed to work with a wireless rear speaker kit if you are looking for additional surround sound. Additional speakers cannot be hardwired to the soundbar. ^Tim
QuestionMy Soundbar has no display in front of it how can i get that fixed? I even posted this on Samsung's website but i got no response.
- Answer There is a small display to the far right of the soundbar if laid flat. It shows the words on, bye, and the different sound settings (surround, pro-game, standard...). If you don't see any of these, I suggest returning it.
QuestionHow do I set up the soundbar so that the volume for movies doesn't jump super loud during action scenes and super quiet during dialogue? I feel like I constantly need to adjust the volume while watching movies.
- Answer Hi Jules! To improve your sound experience, press the Sound Mode button on your remote control and select Adaptive Sound. In Adaptive Sound mode, the soundbar analyzes the content and volume to optimize the audio rendering resulting in clearer dialogue. Using Dynamic Range Control (DRC). DRC lets you apply dynamic range control to Dolby Digital tracks. With DRC turned on, loud sounds will be reduced. 1) Turn off your Soundbar. 2) While the Soundbar is off, press and hold the Sound Mode button on the remote control for 6 seconds until you see “DRC ON” shown on the display. 3) To turn off DRC, repeat steps 1 and 2 above. ^Patty
QuestionMy samsung q60t isnt letting me adjust the volume. When i try using the remote or buttons on top it adjusts up and down slowly but always goes back to 7?
- Answer Your tv speakers need to be turned all the way down.