QuestionI purchased a remote start from an online vender. Will geek squad install it! And at what cost?
- Answer No they won't let you as it void the warranty for the workman ship. I bought the system from amazon and tried to have it installed in BBY but they said no. I had to return amazon one and buy the bundle with Best Buy.
QuestionHello I have a 2013 Hyundai Santa and I would like a remote start added the is the $149 one that's advertised be compatible for my car and if soon how soon can we schedule the installation?
- Answer Hey there, Yolanda. Thanks for the question! It sounds like you may be looking at the service itself on our website. That is the $149. There are plenty of options available to you that would work in this vehicle. When purchasing one of the kits, it may also come with free installation! I'd recommend heading in or connecting with your local Best Buy over the phone and speaking with one of our Autotech specialists. They'll be able to get all the right parts for you and set up and appointment for installation. I hope this helps out! You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Answer Yes, they do. We had one installed a couple of months ago. However, we had to travel a good distance to find a "Master Installer" who knew how to do so. From our experience, there are not too many of these installers employed. We waited two months for the first available appointment after trying at a closer location without a Master Installer, who told us he could not provide the service.
QuestionI have a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze. Can a remote starter be installed by you guys if I purchase the package I see on the website? If so, any safety precautions to consider due to COVID?
- Answer Hi Jeri. Thank you for the awesome questions! You should be able to purchase the kit you see on the website. Not all kits will work on every vehicle. So I would recommend speaking with one of our Autotech installers at your local Best Buy store to ensure compatibility, get all the necessary parts and then set up an installation. As far as safety precautions right now, it can vary slightly on the State. But, at this time, you are required to wear a mask while in the store and are encouraged to just stay at a safe distance from everyone. If you have any specific questions on that, please call over to your local Best Buy to get those answered. I hope this helps out!! You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Answer Any car over the year that OBDII sensor came out which I think is 1990. So pretty much everything newer than 1990 model.
- Answer Hey there. Thanks for your question! We do have several remote start options for your Kia Forte. If you would like help with this, please connect with your local Best Buy's Autotech team. They'll be able to make recommendations, ensure you have everything you need and then set up an appointment for the install. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
QuestionWhere is the installation done?
- Answer Hi Bob. Thank you for your question! If you're wondering where the remote start installations are done, they are completed in a connected Autotech bay in the back of our stores. If you would like to know where it is in your local Best Buy, you can call ahead or speak to anyone in the store on the day of your appointment. I hope this helps! Please let us know if you need anything else.
- Answer Hi Fran. Thanks for your question. It appears we do have a few remote start options for your BMW. To get started, we'd recommend connecting with your local Best Buy's Autotech team to track down the best option for you and schedule an appointment. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Answer Hi there. Thanks for your question about this. There are several options for a remote start on this particular vehicle. We'd recommend connecting with your local Best Buy to get assistance in finding the best model for you. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
QuestionI am planning to purchase remote start kit for my Honda accord 2005. Which one is come with t harness the CS4905-S-KIT OR CS4900-S-KIT ? if not coming then cost of t harness for my car? And also which kit model is best for my car
- Answer The CS4905 DOES COME WITH A T-HARNESS supplied at time of INSTALL !
QuestionI have a AUDI 2009 Avant i want to get the remote start but i have a this curiosity can i used my own key fob or is gonna be a new beeps
- Answer It has its own separate Fob. I would recommend upgrading to the two way remote.
- Answer My install fee was included with the price, give them a call to find out how much it will cost
I would recommend:
QuestionI see a ton of questions, just as I have that dont seem to be amswered..... begs the question as to the support I may see from bestbuy if I purchased this?? Why no responses? Do you instal remote starters? I dont mind if its your house brand but curious .
- Answer Hi Charris - Geek Squad does install remote starters. We are sorry for the delay in responding to your specific question. Sometimes, when a very technical or specific question is asked it takes time to track down the answer.