Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $629.99
The previous price was $699.99
- Answer Remove the lower rack and position the bottom spray arm so a wider vee is open to the front. Turn the inner filter counter-clockwise and take out the assembled inner filter and stainless steel filter. With the filters removed, check the sump opening and remove any foreign materials, if needed. Clean the filters with a soft brush under running water. Reassemble the filters before reinstalling them. To replace the assembled filters, position the spray arm so the wider vee is toward the front. Fit the filters back into the filter holder and secure them by turning the inner filter clockwise until it clicks into place. ^Daphane
QuestionHow is the drying in this machine(LDFN4542S) different from LDF5545SS model?. What's the advantage and limitations?
- Answer I can't speak to the other model you're comparing it to but if you use Rinse Aid and set the machine for the Extra Dry cycle AND load it properly so that water collectable basins on your dishes face down as much as possible the machine seems to do well, No machine has ever been perfect and plastic is a problem for all dishwashers as are oddly shaped dishes that allow water pools in multiple places. Unload at the bottom first so the upper rack doesn't splash to the bottom and just try not to overload the machine and I think it will be fine. What towel drying I have had to do hasn't bothered me so far.
QuestionCan this model LDN4542W be hard wired to the electrical source, instead of using a power cord ?
- Answer This unit requires hard wiring. ^Daphane
QuestionDoes this model come with a bottom foot kick plate? The photos show not, but what the heck for the price! Please help. Ugly otherwise looks unfinished. Thanks.
- Answer This LG dishwasher comes with a black metal kickplate held in place with two screws.
- Answer The are leveling feet on this unit. I do not see a reference for removable feet. The dishwasher must be carefully leveled and aligned so that the dishwasher is supported fully by the 3 leveling feet and is not hanging from the installation brackets. Failure to do so can result in leaks from the front of the dishwasher, AE errors, difficulty in closing the door, or failure to operate. ^Daphane
- Answer For best wash performance, clean the filter after each load. If food debris remains in the filter, it may cause an odor. • In areas with hard water, clean the filter at least once a month with a soft brush. • Clean the filters using non-abrasive materials and warm running water. ^Daphane
- Answer There are 9 wash cycles which include Auto, Heavy, Delicate, Normal, Turbo, Download Cycle, Machine Clean, Rinse and Express. Please see the page 29 of the owner's manual for detailed information for each cycle, https://files.bbystatic.com/euq%2FVYIIhzXQhJ1H4lfKCw%3D%3D/Owners%2BManual. ^Daphane
QuestionIs it possible to plug it into a standard outlet? Will I need to purchase a separate power cord kit, or does it come with one?
- Answer The dishwasher does not come with a power cord, but you can purchase one and the unit will plug into a standard two prong power plug.
- Answer The silverware basket does open or you can keep it closed and put utensils in each separate slot on the cover. It is also removable so when it's time to take care of your silverware you can take the entire basket out of the dishwasher. I love this feature and it has worked great. Hope this helps!
- Answer Yes, the dishwasher can be connected to disposal or waste tee without an air gap. ^Daphane
QuestionIs there a heating element in the bottom of this model? I'd like to be able to put plastics on any rack, like my friend's Bosch allows. Is this model "top rack only" for plastics?
- Answer There is not a heating element. We put plastics on all racks.
- Answer The level feet can provide roughly additional 2'' of height. ^Daphane
QuestionI just wanted to know if there's any additional items needed to install this dishwasher? Example connections parts? Cords? Hoses? clamps?
- Answer Please refer to page 11 of the owner's manual for Installation Parts and Tools, https://files.bbystatic.com/euq%2FVYIIhzXQhJ1H4lfKCw%3D%3D/Owners%2BManual. ^Daphane